Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Two Gracious Ladies!



Today starts a new project here at "Those Old Memories" to showcase some of the wonderful old photographs in my personal collection. As many of my readers may already know, I collect old photographs by the thousands. Family is at the forefront of that collection but it includes many more that I hope will be of interest to my readers. Please join me on Fridays for a walk through history with the faces and places of the past. I will also continue to add stories and memories as my regular feature.

On the left is Stella Maud Hopkins, my husbands Grandaunt. Stella was born 28 Jan 1901, Foard County, Texas and died 1 Oct 1997 in Riverton, Fremont County, Wyoming. Stella married Frank D. Ellermeier in Scottsbluff, Nebraska and to this marriage were born two children.

Amy Vandergriff, on the right, a distant cousin, was born 6 Nov 1896 in Texas and died 21 Feb 1992 in Texas. Amy became a chiropractor, according to letters she wrote to our Grandmother.

I love the contrast of the light and dark dresses in this photo and of course the large wide brimmed hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment