Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wordless Wednesday-Barbara Elizabeth Troyer


Barbara Troyer was born 15 Oct 1884 in Iowa City, Johnson Co., Iowa to Andrew Troyer and Sarah Stutzman. "Lizzie" as she was known was truly a "beautiful" young lady. She was my husbands great Grandmother. Lizzie, as a young woman, lived a lot of the early history of Wyoming, her father being a foreman of the Two-Bar Ranch which was part of the famous Swan Land and Cattle Company ranch system in Wyoming. She met and married Benjamin F. Smith, he being a cowboy for the ranch and they were married in Cheyenne, Wyoming in 1905. Barbara Elizabeth Troyer Smith had three daughters, several grandchildren and great grandchildren. She passed away on 5 May 1968 in Wheatland, Wyoming.

1 comment:

  1. I have an Andrew Troyer in my line - born in 1773 in Holmes County Ohio...A son named John is where my line comes from...do you know if your Andrew could be connected to my Andrew?

    ReplyDelete